Kermit B. Anderson
Kermit was born and raised in Des Moines. Following graduation from the College of Law at the University of Iowa in 1975, Kermit returned to Des Moines and served a two-year federal clerkship with the Hon. W.C. Stuart, U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Iowa. He was an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa from 1977-1981 and U.S. Attorney from 1981-1982. Since then, Kermit has been in the private practice of law, engaged primarily in civil litigation and has tried a number of cases in state and federal courts.
Kermit was a longtime member of the Editorial Board for Defense Update, the quarterly publication for the Iowa Defense Counsel Association and is a member and currently chair of the Legal Forms Committee of the Iowa State Bar Association. He is included in Super Lawyers and has received the preeminent AV 5.0 rating from Martindale Hubbell, a rating received from peers in the legal community.
Kermit and his wife Becky are the parents of four wonderful children, and they live in West Des Moines.
Select state and federal case citations:
- Fitzgerald v. Hy-Vee, 2017 WL 936121 (Iowa Ct. App. 2017).
- Just, et. al. v. Farmers Automobile Insurance Association d/b/a Pekin Insurance, 877 N.W.2d 467 (Iowa 2016).
- United Fire and Casualty Co. v. Gethmann Const. Co., Inc., 872 N.W.2d 409, 2015 WL 6509484 (Iowa Ct. App. 2015).
- Pharaoh-Carlson v. Hy-Vee, Inc., 2015 WL 566666 (Iowa Ct. App. 2015).
- Wailes v. Hy-Vee, Inc., 861 N.W.2d 262 (Iowa Ct. App. 2014).
- JP Morgan Chase Bank v. Nichols, 828 N.W.2d 326, 2013 WL 85779 (Iowa Ct. App. 2013).
- Evans v. United of Omaha Life Ins. Co., 827 F.Supp.2d 955 (S.D. Ia. 2011).
- Rude v. Farmers Auto. Ins. Ass'n, 798 N.W.2d 350, 2011 WL 662659 (Iowa Ct. App. 2011).
- Ranes v. Adams Laboratories, Inc., 778 N.W.2d 677 (Iowa 2010).
- Daniels v. Holtz, 794 N.W.2d 813 (Iowa 2010).
- Rodgers v. Hy-Vee, Inc., 707 F.Supp.2d 916 (S.D. Ia. 2010).
- Taylor v. Pekin Ins. Co., 797 N.W.2d 131, 2010 WL 5394800 (Iowa Ct. App. 2010).
- Woehl v. Hy-Vee, Inc., 637 F.Supp.2d 645 (S.D. Ia. 2009).
- Mitchell v. Hy-Vee, Inc., 758 N.W.2d 839, 2008 WL 3916836 (Iowa Ct. App. 2008).
- Hanna v. United of Omaha Life Ins. Co., 553 F.Supp.2d 1064 (S.D. Ia. 2008).
- Bender v. Hopkins, 690 N.W.2d 697, 2004 WL 1854161 (Iowa Ct. App. 2004).
- Brown v. Hy-Vee, Inc., 2003 WL 22709077, (N.D. Ia. 2003).
- Thompson v. Mary Greeley Medical Center, 666 N.W.2d 620, 2003 WL 21071315 (Iowa Ct. App. 2003).
- Kluver v. Hy-Vee Food Stores, Inc., 796 N.W.2d 457, 2003 WL 23008787 (Iowa Ct. App. 2003).
- State v. Casey's General Stores, Inc., 587 N.W.2d 599 (Iowa 1998).
- Ravenscraft v. Hy-Vee Employee Ben. Plan and Trust, 85 F.3d 398 (8th Cir. 1996).
- West Des Moines State Bank v. Mills, 482 N.W.2d 432 (Iowa 1992).
- Pearson Services, Inc. v. INA Ins. Co., 937 F.2d 401 (8th Cir. 1991).
- Schreier v. Sonderleiter, 420 N.W.2d 821 (Iowa 1988).
- Hall v. Barrett, 412 N.W.2d 648 (Iowa Ct. App. 1987).
- U.S. v. Elliott, 674 F.2d 754 (8th Cir. 1982).
- U.S. v. Runyon, 621 F.2d 317 (8th Cir. 1980).
United States District Court Northern District of Iowa
United States District Court Southern District of Iowa
United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
Legal: University of Iowa, J.D., 1975
Undergraduate: University of Iowa, B.B.A., 1972, with high distinction. Phi Eta Sigma, Beta Gamma Sigma.