Tamara (Tammy) Hackmann returns to the Finley Law Firm with a broad base of experience, both in private practice and, most recently, as in-house counsel with an Illinois-based Fortune 500 national property casualty insurance company. Tammy has defended private and public entity clients (including the University of Illinois, Eastern Illinois University, Illinois Eastern Community Colleges, and several Illinois school districts) against a variety of claims, including common law negligence and contract claims, state and federal employment discrimination claims, civil rights and constitutional claims, and class action claims. Tammy has represented clients in administrative proceedings before the state Human Rights Commission, and in state and federal trial and appellate courts.
Tammy graduated magna cum laude from the University of Michigan and is a member of the Order of the Coif. While in-house, Tammy earned the designation of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU). She is licensed to practice in Iowa, Illinois and Michigan.
Tammy has received the AV Preeminent ranking by Martindale Hubbell.
- Village of Clifton v. Peters, 128 S. Ct. 1472 (2008)
- Schmidt v. Mahoney, 659 N.W.2d 552 (Iowa 2003)
- Kanfer v. Busey Trust, 1 N.E.3d 61 (Ill. App. 2013)
- Wilson v. Shaefer, 941 N.E.2d 870 (Ill. App. 2009)
- Patrick v. J.K. Harris, 279 Fed. Appx. 406 (7th Cir. 2008)
- Shank v. H.C. Fields, 869 N.E.2d 261 (Ill. App. 2007)
- Doe-2 v. McLean County Unit District No. 5 Board of Directors, 598 F.3d 507 (7th Cir. 2010)
Legal: University of Michigan, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of Coif, 1995
Undergraduate: University of Missouri, B.S., summa cum laude, 1985